Welcome to the Cedar Rapids Marketplace. We’re glad you’re excited to support your local community.
Accepting These Terms
This document and any additional documents linked on this document make up our terms and conditions for conducting business or purchasing items on our site.
The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and the Cedar Rapids Marketplace, also know as Cedar Rapids Marketplace, LLC (we may refer to the Cedar Rapids Marketplace, LLC as “Marketplace” or “Cedar Rapids Marketplace”, for short).
This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use the services provided by The Cedar Rapids Marketplace (we’ll refer to our website and other services as our “Services”), so please read it carefully. By creating an account on our website you’re agreeing to the Terms, which you do mark while creating the account. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our services.
The Cedar Rapids Marketplace connects sellers from the local Cedar Rapids, IA community to local and non-local buyers, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique local goods.
Please understand the specific rules that are relevant for you, depending on how you use the Services:
Rules and Procedures Vendors & Service Providers – If you list any items for sale through our Services, or list any service for hire through our services, these policies apply to you.
Rules for Buyers – If you use our Services to browse or shop, these policies apply to you.
All of these above rules are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you. All visitors of our site will need to read the rest of this document as it applies to everyone.
Your personal information is important to you, and it is also important to us. Our website data is encrypted through secure html protocol (https/SSL) and other security features. Absolutely no credit card information is stored within our website or on our web servers for your own security. All transactions and related data are handled securely through PayPal, one of the world’s leading online transaction companies. To learn more visit: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security.
Your Account with the Cedar Rapids Marketplace
You’ll need to create an account on the Marketplace to use some of our Services. Here are a few rules about accounts:
- You must be 18 or older to use our Services. Otherwise, you may only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- Provide accurate information. If false information is detected your account will be removed at our discretion.
- Choose a friendly username. Please choose a username that isn’t offensive or infringes anyone’s intellectual property.
- You are responsible for your account. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password. As we mentioned above, you’re solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password secure.
- Your content is yours. Content that you post using on your store or service listing is yours. We don’t make or claim ownership of it. We do have the right to remove content that does not fit within our Terms.
- Responsibility for your content. You understand that you are solely responsible for your content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to your content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- Permission to use your content. By posting content through our Services, you grant Cedar Rapids Marketplace a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to your content, but we have your permission to use it to help Cedar Rapids function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in your content and we can help promote your stuff.
- Rights You Grant the Cedar Rapids Marketplace. By posting your content, you grant the Cedar Rapids Marketplace a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Services and to promote the Cedar Rapids Marketplace across any medium. Basically, anything you post that is visible to the Public can be used by us to promote the brand and services. It’s for your own benefit to bring you more customers! If you don’t want some information to be shared, don’t post it within Your Content.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace has the right to manage the information on the marketplace website. Any content that appears to be inappropriate, false, or misleading to our visitors can be removed at our discretion. You will be contacted on further actions if we notice this activity.
Your Use of Our Services
- License to Use Our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our Services—subject to these Terms:
- It’s your responsibility to have what you need to run your business legally. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services and the products you sell. This includes any local, state, federal and international laws that may apply to you. For example, it’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licenses that your shop requires from a legal perspective. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace is not responsible for any legal action taken against you or your company as we merely a transaction and information service. By accepting the terms you agree to this.
- You must pay your fees. You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe to the Cedar Rapids Marketplace to use our services. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services. Please note: Taxes are automatically added and paid to you for transactions where the buyer is located in the State of Iowa.
Termination by the user. You may terminate your account anytime by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are currently a vendor, your products will be removed from the website but your information will be saved to be recovered later if you decide to come back. Normal buyer accounts will be deleted completely, and if you want to create another account you would have to set it up again.
Termination by Cedar Rapids Marketplace. We may terminate or suspend your account and your access to our services at any time, for any reason, and without informing you, although we normally will. It’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our services. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason. Any fees paid up to that point will not be refunded as the service has been provided.
If you or Cedar Rapids Marketplace terminate your account, you might lose any information associated with your account and content depending on the situation.
We reserve the right to change or stop our service offering at any time. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any of the services at any time, for any reason. We are not liable to you for the effect that any changes to the services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the marketplace.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Items You Purchase. You understand that the Cedar Rapids Marketplace does not manufacture, store or inspect any of the items sold through our website. We do validate the vendors to make sure their products fit our criteria for being produced by hand and within Iowa. We provide the connection; the items in our marketplace are produced and sold directly by independent sellers, so we cannot and do not make any warranties about their quality, safety or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly to the seller of the item.
By agreeing to these terms you remove Cedar Rapids Marketplace from any claims related to items sold that include: defective items, misrepresentations by sellers or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims). The seller is solely responsible. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace will do our best to provide information to connect buyers (provide contact info and even reach out if buyers can’t reach the seller) as a courtesy at our own discretion.
What you see on the website. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our websites. We do not endorse any content within the site, but we do our best to monitor and control it within our Terms. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of content posted by users that you accessed. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
Interactions with other people. You may interact with sellers and buyers through the use the Cedar Rapids Marketplace as a result of a sale or information request (in person product deliveries, service email requests, etc.) However, you understand that we do not screen users beyond vendor criteria and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users. We recommend that you use common sense and be careful when interacting with others, especially when you are meeting someone in person. Always consider meeting in a safe location where others know where you are.
Warranties. The Cedar Rapids Marketplace strives to provide the best service offering but we also understand that sometimes things happen and are out of our control. We do not guarantee that: (1) Any defects or errors reported will be corrected; (2) the website will be free of viruses or other harmful materials, although we work hard and strive to prevent this to our best ability; or (iv) the results of using the Services will meet your expectations. You use the website and our services solely at your own risk.
Liability Limit. To the fullest amount allowed by law, the Cedar Rapids Marketplace or any employees shall be liable to you for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Cedar Rapids Marketplace or these Terms. In no event shall Cedar Rapids Marketplace’s liability for any damages exceed the greater of one hundred ($100) US Dollars or the amount you paid us in the past twelve months.
In Case of Legal Action. If the Cedar Rapids Marketplace gets sued because of something that you did, sold, provided, or promised, you agree to defend us. That means you’ll defend us (including any of our employees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Terms or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
Disputes with other users. If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Cedar Rapids Marketplace services or a third party, please contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute.
Release of Cedar Rapids Marketplace, LLC. You release the Cedar Rapids Marketplace from any claims, demands and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
Governing Law. The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, and the laws of the United States of America. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live.
Changes to the Terms. We may update these Terms from time to time and are under no obligation to notify you. Once you’ve accepted the Terms, it’s your responsibility to revisit them to ensure you still agree.
If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions, please email us at: email@example.com.