Cedar Rapids Marketplace is a local small business. Our website is a made from the products, services, and stories of many small local businesses in our community. We CARE about our community because we live here too.
What makes the Cedar Rapids Marketplace unique?
- We’re more than just an e-commerce or business listing website. We’re cultivating a community that loves local businesses. We’re sharing the business owners’ stories. We’re promoting and selling their products. We’re driving foot traffic and online traffic to many small businesses that need someone in their corner.
- It’s about collaboration instead of competition. Customers searching for one product on the site might also discover a new product or business that they love as well.
- Shops on the Cedar Rapids Marketplace can be used as an e-commerce website for businesses, saving them a lot of money in the development of a site, monthly shopping cart fees, and effort of trying to drive traffic to their business.
I already have my own website, why would I sell on the Cedar Rapids Marketplace?
- The Cedar Rapids Marketplace adds another way to access customers and the local community, diversifying your reach. It does not take away from any of your current online efforts or local shows.
- Since you already have a website you know it takes a lot of effort on your end to drive traffic to it continuously. This alone is a lot of work, not including the time you already spend on creating your products or working on your business. Let us do some of the work for you.
How does the Cedar Rapids Marketplace support my Direct Sales business?
- Many Direct Sales Consultants are usually trying to find customers, but sometimes local customers are trying to find a consultant, but don’t know who to contact. With our list of direct sales businesses, customers can browse through the consultants, read their stories and choose the consultant that they want to work with.
- Through our efforts on Search Engine Optimization, your listing may very well get to the first page of Google since not many other consultants have independent listings that are optimized.
Is there a fee?
- The Marketplace is very cost effective when compared to other e-commerce platforms, and we keep it simple with one flat fee/month with no long-term commitment.
- In comparison to craft/vendor show fees, yet you aren’t limited to just sell on just that one day for a few hours. You can sell on the website 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We have a flat monthly fee of $15 per month, with no commission taken on our end.*
*still subject to PayPal fees (2.9% + $0.30)
What if I don’t sell physical products?
- We’d love to sell your services on our website, and know there is a need for consumers to be able to ‘shop’ from service based businesses online. Contact us to see if your service business can break down each service you offer into ‘products’ and figure out the best way for us to sell them online.
- Otherwise, if you offer a service-based business or are a direct sales business owner, you can take advantage of our Business Directory pages.
Can I close my account at any time and is there a cancellation fee?
- Yes, you can close your account at any time, and there isn’t a cancellation fee.